Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Treo Trifecta



It's been a while since I mused geek on any one particularly gadget, but the new Treo 700p has got me psyched. Not because of any one particular geekfeat it has, but rather the cultimation of a treo of key capabilities we've been promised in a mobile device for some time:

- broadband wireless speeds (w/tethering)
- decent video/audio recording (pics/vids/audio)
- software expandability

At present I get 2/3 of those with my hacked Moto e815. And for the past year having broadband speeds near everywhere, never worrying about where I might pick up WiFi has been nice. But the lack of software expandability has kept my old Treo 600 close by as a fallback.

Now, with Motorola's Q set to launch next week, the real excitement is the possibility that 06' will be the start of that new generation of mobile devices that live up to the standard manufacturers were promising us 3 years ago... true media, broadband-connected, in your pocket.

The generation of true mobile wireless media has begun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Clif, saw your blog, was intruiged. You are deaper than I thought, but a good friend. Not going to sign my name to keep you thinking..maybe I'll log on later and leave a clue